Maria Robotnik was the female companion of Shadow the Hedgehog in Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog, the cousin of Dr. Eggman and Gerald Robotnik. She was the main reason for Shadow's creation: find a cure for her NIDS disease. She was a terminally ill patient aboard the Space Colony ARK and was finally killed by G.U.N. after releasing Shadow from a cyrogenic tube.
Maria has large dark blue eyes and blonde hair. She wears it wavy and held back with a blue hair band. Clothes-wise, she wears a dark blue top and a light blue dress. Her shoes are low heeled cobalt pumps. Other than that she is seen in a cutscene in a white surgery suit.
Maria is eternally cheerful, optimistic and kind hearted. She can see the good in almost anyone or anything, and she finds it easier than most to forgive and forget, not to mention trust. She idolizes Shadow. She is a possible love interest for Shadow. She has a personality similar to Cosmo as she is a pacifist but knows how to fight when useful and knows that violence is sometimes needed. She is ultimately cheery and nice.
Although Maria has shown no extraordinary abilities, she can encourage others not to feel bad about themselves and can refresh Shadow and others from their rage. Also in Shadow the Hedgehog, she can smash tough objects and enemies by slapping them and seems to be a fast runner.
- "Isn't this place huge? Even I get lost sometimes."
- "Don't hurt yourself!"
- "Sorry I'm late!"
- "Oh, Shadow. Thank you!"
- "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."
- "When the research experiments split apart, don't you think they look kinda cute?"
- "Shadow, help me."
- "Shadow, what do you think it's like on Earth?"
- "Shadow... I beg of you..."
- "The Heal Unit was once of my grandfather's greatest inventions."
- "Shadow, are you going to stare out of that window all day?"
- If Maria hadn't died, she would roughly have been the older cousin of Dr. Eggman and older than the GUN Commander.